Friday 11 November 2016

Pre-production Work

Flatplan Designs

It might be a bit weird that I want an organic look to the magazine, almost as if it was a stylised magazine for hobby hunters, but if you think about it, making a design that everyone would associate with music is impossible. To make music, you need instruments, so yes- I could base my design around instruments, but truth is, music is so much more than just that. As I said, it is very hard to represent a genre using a design, without sound, so i think the design should end up being something personal- based on what I feel when I listen to the music.

Indie artist are called just that, because they are independent. They don’t belong to any large labels, and therefore, they have so much creative freedom themselves, that they almost don’t need to make the music for an audience. Of course, I am making the magazine to make money, so I have to make something that people will like, but when I think of indie, one of the first words that pop into my head is organic, and I really don’t know why.

(Note: All images are stock images, they are not taken by me, and they are not going to be used in the final product.)

Front cover version 1.
This is the one I went for

Front cover version 2.
Contents page version 1.
This is the one I went for
Contents page version 2.
DPS

No comments:

Post a Comment